It’s been about 6 days since I’ve been able to speak. I’m not sure why & it struck me from out of no where. It’s not a good thing to have a Coach who can’t speak & yet I had a week full of clients, classes, meetings, & obligations. For a woman who teaches Radical Self Care, I found myself face to face with a situation of having to practice what I preach. Oh, how fun!!!
So here are a few things I’ve observed:
- Being sick sucks… like really, really sucks.
- Healing takes it’s own time. As much as you try to fix, manage & control Life, healing is ultimately in charge & has it’s own purpose, mindset, & timing.
- Switching to Plan B & adjusting to Life’s terms can be really challenging when you are trying to stay in charge. Surrender feels like an abyss.
- I still find it difficult to extend grace & mercy to myself. I hate to disappoint people & can still worry too much about what they’ll think. At times, I push myself beyond my limits to try to take care of others & end up paying a higher price. The good news is that I do this so much less than I used to.
- Men & women express empathy SO much differently. Most of my female clients were tender, concerned, & asked if they could help in any way. My male clients, they used humor, sarcasm & lots of teasing.
- When I’m sick, out of my routine, & feeling vulnerable, it doesn’t take much for me to go to fear-mode. I call it “homeless under a bridge” thinking where I’m lost in worst-case scenarios in my mind. I spent some time there this week.
- It’s so easy to take health & wellness for granted.
- It’s easy to talk the talk. It’s a whole other ball-game to walk the walk. I’m human & still learning. Life will always present opportunities to learn & practice. I can fall prey to the crazy thoughts, fear, & pleasing or I can learn to apply everything I so passionately teach.